Allee’ Willis Kitsch O’ The Day – Hostess Cupcake Box

hostess-cup-cake-box_2285

I only wish the real thing looked as good as this plastic trinkets box that looks like I remember Hostess cupcakes looking like back in the day. Today the real thing has shrunken to abnormally small sizes, the signature white curlicue fading to a limpy brown color as God knows what chemicals keep the cakes fresh in their individually wrapped packages. With this said, as much as I once loved Hostess cupcakes I still keep hope alive that one day when I open this box the cream filling will miraculously be waiting for me in the middle.

hostess-cup-cake-box_2286

hostess-cupcake-box2619

Categories: Accessories, Kitsch, Kitsch O' The Day

Tags: , , ,

Share this page.   Subscribe to the blog.

Creative Commons License
Protected under a Creative Commons license

9 Comments

• Didja know the squiggle is trademarked? And it’s always 7?

• Allee says:

I had NO idea!

• kristy says:

check out this website…
    talk about kitsch!

• I think this may have been marketed as an actual Cupcake tote (to pack in a lunchbox, for instance). I’ve got a figure of Twinkie The Kid sold for that purpose. He has bendy arms and legs, and you take his hat off to insert the Twinkie inside. I don’t actually LIKE Twinkies (I’m a Zingers man, myself), but I recognized a quality product when I saw it.

• EG says:

Thanks GoingLikeSixty — the fact about the trademarked seven loops on every Hostess Cupcake is a wonderful nugget of news. I’m partial to the orange topped cupcake with the yellow cake. Never even thought to count the rings. And Devlin — I agree about the cupcake box being a protective container though it definitely looks good enough to eat.

• Allee says:

My favorites were Hostess snowballs, the pink ones. Wouldn’t mind having one of those to keep in this box right now!

• christine says:

hi where did you purchace this or where can i find one iv been looking for a hostess cup cake for 2 years now and would love to have one and what you show is perfect please help thanks so much

• Allee says:

I got it as a gift about 10 years ago. I know it came from a thrift shop so unfortunately I have no hints beyond Ebay of where you might find one. Sorry, as it’s a great little case.

• Tiny says:

Christine:
    I, too, searched high and low for them for a magic trick I do for children. I found 5 of them (and I only needed 3 to do the trick) – so I decided to hang onto the other two as “spares” in case the others wore out – that was 3 years ago and they are STILL GOING STRONG! If you would like one or both of the other two – let me know! I will sell them to ya.
    Tiny